Friday 9 January 2009

Emily Loizeau - L'autre Bout Du Monde

This is keeping me company while I sew sew sew...three of my tea cosies are going to be on show at the Decoration + Design Trade Fair in Sydney on the 4th, 5th and 6th of February and I need all the musical help I can get to help me get everything ready!

The song title: The other side of the World, and the lyrics are so funny and touching...it's really almost an anthem for living so far away from so much I love, even though I live with the other half of what I love! The balance is crucial...



LYRICS:

On dit qu'il y fait toujours beau
C'est là que migrent les oiseaux
On dit ça
De l'autre bout du monde

J'avance seule dans le brouillard
C'est décidé ça y est, je pars
Je m'en vais
À l'autre bout du monde

L'autre bout du monde {x2}

J'arrive sur les berges d'une rivière
Une voix m'appelle puis se perd
C'est ta voix
À l'autre bout du monde

Ta voix qui me dit mon trésor
Tout ce temps, je n'étais pas mort
Je vivais
À l'autre bout du monde

L'autre bout du monde {x2}

Sur la rivière il pleut de l'or
Entre mes bras je serre ton corps
Tu es là
À l'autre bout du monde

Je te rejoins quand je m'endors
Mais je veux te revoir encore
Où est il
L'autre bout du monde ?

L'autre bout du monde {x3}

3 comments:

vicki archer said...

Love this, xv.

Philippa said...

Hello Tara

I was searching you out tonight after reading about your wonderful tea cosies in a Textile Fibre Forum I have out from the library. So thrilled to find you have a blog and to see so many more of your creations. Just fabulous and such an insiration.

I thought you might be interested in my most treasured tea cosy - just look here - http://sustainingstitches.blogspot.com/2008/11/of-your-fingers-take-care.html

I'll be checking in and look forward to seeing more of your treasures. Keep up the great work.

emma wallace said...

Her music is lovely! I've been a huge fan of hers for a while. Did you know she has a new album just released?