Friday 31 July 2009

New addition to the teacup collection chez moi

I haven't been to any Op-Shops (Opportunity shops, like Oxfam or Emmaus in Europe), in Launceston for so many years...until last Thursday when I was looking for some old black wool felted hats that I can transform for my newest fashion collection, due to go on show in Melbourne at the end of August.

Instead of wool felt hats I found a Chinese enamel tin tray with stenciled flowers, some cast glass bowls with silver banded rims, and this really lovely little old teacup which has a great shape and very lovely blue grasses design in applied deckle on it, made in England. I guess its a 1940's style? (The tea cosy is one I got from the Cancer Council fundraiser tea cosy exhibition I had my cosies in at Bundoora Homestead near Melbourne last year).




3 comments:

Fer said...

Very noice!

M* (Melanie) said...

It's a beautiful cup. My favourite blue

Anonymous said...

OOhhhhow funny i found that same type of tea cup in prospect Vinnies!!!!!kathryn