Monday 20 September 2010

The Teacosy* Revolution prepares to show itself in Melbourne

The exhibition at the start of December and hosted by Bundoora Homestead Art Centre is called HIGH TEA and this cosy is one of five I'm making for the show.

This tea cosy is called Teacosy* Number 31; Partido de te Sagrado del Madonna (Death & the Maiden) Cosy, and I've applied Aluminium Epoxy paint to a collection of vintage doylies and lace to recreate the silver effect from the Mexican Religeous Icon which is the inspiration for this piece.



A detail showing the fabric pens I used on white leather to draw images I don't have time to embroider...




I'll post more information about the exhibition in a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo.... looking forward to this show! great cosy! xo

P.K said...

The show sounds interesting. The cosy has to be one of the best that I have seen. My kind of tea cosy. Your work is truly wonderful.