Sunday 24 August 2008

Tea things from Speyer, Germany 2008



This amazing lidded tea cup with ceramic inset and removable strainer I bought in Paris a few years ago for 5euros. This trip we recently made to Europe was also exciting because we found these lovely ceramic tea strainers and strainer-based cup in Speyer in Germany in a fantastic boo shop near the cathedral.

As I cannot speak German, the lovely woman selling me these items juggled a few slightly emnglish words with some sign language to tell me the strainer in the last pics with the four larger holes is for herbal teas (leafy things)!

They're just such lovely objects...I'm not really sure how to use the strainer-based cup though! Anyone have any ideas on this??






1 comment:

Fer said...

How amazing! You've got me stumped though.

PS. What's that love blue print you're using there - absolutely devine!!

:o)