Sunday 19 April 2009

Going back through my archives of tea cosy history...

I have been meaning to upload images for months, of the second tea cosy I ever made, a crazy-patchwork number I made to use up a bundle of fabric scraps from art projects and patchwork projects (that are long defunct and never really suited me in the first place!)

I've also posted an image (possibly a very naughty thing to do without prior permission form the publishers), of the tea cosy that inspired me to make this crazy patchwork cosy in the first place. The book contains a huge project in northern Tasmania which my artist mother, Claire, worked on and we all helped from time to time as well. Its called Yarns Artwork in Silk, and represents the four seasons in the Deloraine area.






This tea cosy was my everyday cosy when I lived in Battery Point, Hobart seven years ago and I haven't used it since then! I didn't take it with me to France when I went to live in Paris, so that's a strong reason why I started making very different cosies in Europe and gave birth to the Revolution!

Its a nice thing to do to go back and look at what has come before, and to asses what the future can hold...

No comments: